These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of this eatmymortgage.co.nz (Website). In these terms, references to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to North West Mortgages Ltd. trading as Eat My Mortgage (Company number 2172069 ).
Your access to and use of the Website is subject to these terms and conditions. By accessing this Website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions in full and agree to be bound by them. Do not continue to use this Website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
From time to time we may update these terms without notice. Please check these terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website after these terms have been changed indicates your acceptance of those changes.
2. Your use of this Website
You must not use this Website or its contents:
- in breach of any law or for any unlawful act;
- In a manner that Infringes a third party’s rights; or
- to damage or disrupt this Website or any of our products and services.
You indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees, site developer and host and agents (Those Indemnified) for any loss, damage, liability, claims and expenses (including legal costs) incurred by any of Those Indemnified arising from your breach of these terms, or the calculations we provide on the mortgage savings.
4. Website Links
You must obtain our written consent before linking to any content on our Website.
Any links to third party websites are provided for convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement or verification by us. We do not monitor the content of any other websites and are not liable or responsible in relation to any content on them.
Subject to the section of these terms headed “Consumer Guarantees Act”:
- Use of the website is at your own risk.
- We don’t offer financial, investment and tax advice. It is your responsibility to take independent financial advice relevant to your own circumstances. The calculator and the challenges are best commonsense advise to help you be mortgage free.
- We make no guarantee that the Website will offer you specific results. We do not guarantee that implementing all the challenges will result in significant savings.
- The Website is provided ‘as is’ and on an ‘as available’ basis, and we give no warranty that it will meet your expectations or that it will be free of defects.
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure the Website is safe and secure. However, we can’t guarantee that the Website is or will be free from viruses and malicious software that might harm your own computer or devices. We accept no liability for any loss caused directly or indirectly from using the Website or any information presented on the Website.
- We make no warranty express or implied that the Website will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Website will be secure or that all the information provided will be accurate.
- We shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever arising from or in relation to your use of, or inability to use, the Website. In respect of any liability that cannot by law be excluded but may be limited, our aggregate liability to you under or in connection with your use of this Website, whether in contract, tory (including negligence), statute or any other cause of action, is limited to $10.
6. Consumer Guarantees Act
Nothing in these terms is intended to limit liability that cannot be limited by law, including the provisions of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 except to the extent permitted by that Act (or to exclude liability arising under any other statute), if and to the extent that such liability cannot be lawfully excluded, and these terms shall be modified to the extent necessary to give effect to that intention.
7. Governing law
These terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
Our company name is North West Mortgages Limited. The office and postal address: Level 1, 124 Hobsonville Road, Hobsonville, Auckland 0618
You can reach us on our contact page if you have any questions or concerns with our Terms and Conditions.
9. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you provide your details, we store the name and email address on the web site.
Your name, email address, phone number and any other details that you provide us are stored in our CRM system.
If you provide your credit card form, it is not stored by our web site.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. shopping cart, videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We track and collect data about your site usage, click through and challenge progression.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service, our payment gateway, hosted cart and hosted CRM system.